Free Blogging Platform
This platform allows you to post blogs by simply signing up with an email ID. This platform provides you with everything you need to set up your blog in the most convenient manner, but the question of whether these blogs work well or not is always debatable.
- Free for all
- Easy to use and can be created by any person who has no knowledge of designing
- You’ll always have the extension of their domain with your blog. blogger.com and workpress.com are the most common examples of free blog hosting
- You have limited space to upload blogs
- You can advertise as much on these platforms since they usually limit your advertising quota
While there are templates uploaded on these hosting platforms, you can’t edit them so you have to use what’s available. If you’re looking for additional plug ins that can help enhance your blog, you might need to pay for it.
If blogging is just a hobby for you and you’re not looking to establish a career out of it, you and consider these free platforms, however if you’re more serious about blogging then these don’t work that well for you.
Self-Hosted Blogging Platform
You have an independent blog that enables you to experiment with your blog in every way possible. Although you pay for this service, you can do a lot more with it and you can grow as a blogger here.
- You’re in control of your blog
- You can choose the design, layout and add whatever you want
- You can install custom themes and add ons
- You will always have access to the backend files that you can edit when you want
- It’s affordable and worth the money spent
- Requires an initial investment
- Could get tough if you’re new to blogging